2016 Proton Persona — With Proton’s busy schedule this year, the new 2016 Proton Persona has been teased on a video of safety test. The vehicle is still covered with heavy camouflage, trying to hide the elements of the car as surprises. However, several things have been nicely spotted, and it is worth your little attention. Here is the detail.
2016 Proton Persona Specifications
Exterior, and Interior
During the safety test in the video, this new 2016 Proton Persona sedan is still heavily covered in camouflaged. However, we should be able to spot its new redesigned bumper, which seems big enough especially comparing to its grille proportion. Heavily influenced by Iriz hatchback, this sedan receives different front end that features reflector headlights in slimmer size, and a full-width bar of chrome right on top of the headlights.
The rear end is very short, and the tail lights get the almond shape. The rear valance also looks like a diffuser. The interior features center console that looks like a pod and it inherits the same instrument cluster as in Iriz. All variants of the new Persona comes with several safety features including electronic stability control, Antilock Braking System (ABS), traction control, hill-hold assist and ISOFIX child seat anchors.
The Persona 2016 comes with six colors variant to choose from: Sterling Silver, Fire Red, Midnight Black, Cotton White, Graphite Grey and a new Carnelian Brown.
#Updated August 24, 2016: Features, Images and Pricing List (at the bottom of the article)
2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Standard MT/CVT
- 1.6 litre VVT engine
- 107 hp at 5,750 rpm, 150 Nm at 4,000 rpm
- 5.6 l/100 km for 5MT (at 90 km/h)
- 6.1 l/100 km for CVT (at 90 km/h)
- Ecodrive Assist
- Reflector halogen headlamps (height adjustable)
- Rear fog lamps
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 15-inch wheels in grey (with 185/55R15 Silverstone Kruizer tyres)
- Unpainted side mirrors and door handles
- Power adjustable wing mirrors
- Body-coloured B-pillars
- Remote key fob and manual key start
- Single-DIN head unit with Bluetooth
- Fabric seats
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- 510-litre boot with space saver spare tyre
- Isofix child seat anchors with top tether
- Two airbags (front driver and passenger)
- ABS with EBD and BA
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill-hold assist
- Front disc brakes, rear drums
2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Executive CVT
- Front fog lamps
- Body-coloured side mirrors and door handles
- Rear bootlid spoiler
- Double-DIN head unit with Bluetooth
- Gloss titanium chrome centre console housing
- Rear USB charging ports
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats
- Fabric door trim
2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Premium CVT
- 15-inch wheels in silver (with 185/55R15 Goodyear Assurance tyres)
- Black B-pillars
- Keyless entry with push start button
- Touchscreen head unit (Android-based) with Bluetooth and reverse camera
- Leather seats and steering wheel
- Leather door trim
- Power retractable wing mirrors
- Six airbags (dual front, side and curtain)
- All-around dual-tone bodykit (optional)
# Features list from Paultan.org.
Powertrain – 2016 Proton Persona
This new Persona arrives in Standard, Executive and Premium trim. The powertrain is likely to be derived from the same Iriz hatchback. This Proton Persona 2016 sedan can be powered by 1.6 litre DOHC four-cylinder VVT petrol engine. Which produces 107 hp at 5,750 rpm and 150 Nm at 4,000 rpm.
The engine will be paired with five-speed of the manual transmission (standard trim) or CVT transmission in the alternative.
2016 Proton Persona Price and Release Date
Pricing on this Proton Persona Standard trim is around RM46,350 or about $11,478 USD. About RM55,350 for 1.6 Executive CVT trim. And, about RM59,350 for the highest trim (1.6 Premium CVT ).
- Price List
|2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Standard 5MT Price||RM46,350|
|2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Standard CVT Price||RM49,350|
|2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Executive CVT Price||RM55,350|
|2016 Proton Persona 1.6 Premium CVT Price||RM59,350|
This is the second sedan to release by Proton this year. Official details should be coming soon as release timeline is getting near. Stay tuned for the next 2016 Proton Persona update.
|Price||RM46,350 ($11,478 USD)|
|Engine||1.6 litre DOHC four-cylinder VVT petrol|
|Horsepower||107 hp at 5,750 rpm|
|Torque||150 Nm at 4,000 rpm|
you might also like another new future car in 2017: 2018 Audi A7 Specs, Review, Interior, Engine, Release Date, Price Leaked